Apps allow us to do a lot of things. Making notes, taking pictures, scheduling appointments, learning new stuff, and apparently... time travelling.
Unquestionably, Tiktok is revolutionising the world of video editing. Its in-built features and effects unlock many possibilities - one of them is making videos run backwards. Let us find out how.
New to TikTok? Start be learning the basics of how you use TikTok.
How to reverse a video on TikTok
- Launch the app.
- Tap on the "+" icon and record a new video or upload one from your gallery.
- Let it play once on the app.
- Once it's played, click on the "Effects" button at the bottom of the app.
- Look for the option of "Reverse "and select it.
- The video will play backwards.
- Tap on the save button to save a file with reverse effect and share the video on your profile.
How to reverse sound on TikTok
Currently, you can not reverse sound on TikTok (no one is perfect, right?), which means you have to resort to third-party apps.
For videos shorter than 10 seconds, you can use Snapchat:
- Open the app
- Click on "More Options"
- Select "Edit video"
- Explore the filters until you see an icon of three backward arrows (it is the reverse effect)
- Download the video and upload it on TikTok.
How to reverse someone else's TikTok video
- Open the app and find the video you are looking for.
- Tap "Share" (the icon is an arrow) on the bottom right side of the video and select download.
- Click on the central "+" button and upload it from your gallery.
- Hit "Next" and select "Effects" at the bottom of the screen.
- Look for "Reverse" and select it.
- The video will play backwards on your screen.
- Once you are satisfied with the results, tap 'Save' and upload it.
Learn how to use TikTok
For all of these fun possibilities to be unlocked, it is probably a good idea to begin by learning TikTok's basics. Learn how to use this app now.
Or if you want to take your videos to the next level, learn all the filmmaking essentials.
Reverse a Video on TikTok FAQ
How do you reverse other people's videos on TikTok?
Download their video. Upload it from your gallery. Apply the "Reverse" effect.