Rent camera gear from local creators.
3D cameras have gained massive popularity in the last few years.
3D cameras revolutionize how we record ourselves and markedly improve our content on different social platforms.
What were once stereo cameras that created 3D photos with realistic depth have transformed into hyper-accurate depth sensors used in our phones, drones, 3D scanners, and tablets.
If you want to learn more about 3D cameras, you should continue reading. However, don't forget about the essential gear for cameras.
This article will guide you through the 9 best 3D cameras, which key features they have, what's great about them, and what could be better.
9 of the Best 3D Cameras:
- 10-10.2 MP – with F3.7(W)-F4.2(T) max. aperture
- 2D & 3D displays – with sliding front panel for extra protection
- AF performs well in dim light – but tricky menu
- 2x Sony 12 MP IMX-378 – Shoot photos and video in 3D and 2D
- view footage with app – and 5.7K max. resolution
- not great in low-light – and App limits the viewing resolution
- easy to use – single button operation and remote control
- 2 hours recording – USB ports for charging and data connection
- Compact & lightweight – with advanced 3D and 2D 360 capture
- Up to 5.7K30 360 video up to 120 Mb/s – and 18 MP 360 photos
- Cinematic slow-mo & hyperlapse – and live-stream via App
- Excellent feature set – in a compact design
- Great quality of footage – Super 5.7K 360 degrees
- interesting creative capabilities – shoot hyperlapse & slow-mo
- superb Mic quality & compact design – easy to use
- Portable, mini design – with long battery life
- Live streaming functionality – max 3K resolution
- 3-axis stabilization system – to cancel movements in 3 directions
- Can scan outdoors – even in full sunlight
- Great build quality & sturdy – yet inexpensive
- Works with most operating systems – max. usable range 3 m
1. Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Camera
- Type: 3D
- Sensor: 1/2.3 CCD
- Resolution: 10-10.2 MP
- Lens: 6.3-18.9 mm
- Maximum aperture: F3.7(W)-F4.2(T)
- Screen type: 3.5” LCD
- Max shutter speed: 1/1000 sec.
- Weight: 230 g
- 2D and 3D displays are available
- Sliding front panel for extra protection
- Auto-focus performs well in dim light
- The menu can be difficult to navigate
- 3D TV required for external viewing
- The design allows your fingers to block the lenses sometimes
2. Vuze XR camera
- Sensor: 2x Sony 12 MP IMX-378
- Lenses: 2x F/2.4 210o fisheye
- ISO: 100-1600
- Controls: 4 operating buttons, remote-control phone application
- Camera weight: 419 g
- Photo format: JPEG
- Shoot photos and video in two distinct modes: 3D (180 degrees) and 2D (360 degrees)
- Connects to the app to immediately view footage
- Max resolution of 5.7K
- Easy to use
- Doesn't perform well in a low-light environment
- App limits the viewing resolution
3. Vuze Plus 3D 360
- Sensor: 8 Sony FHD image sensors imx408
- Lenses: 8x F/2.4 fisheye
- ISO: 100-1600
- Controls: Single button operation and remote control mobile application
- Weight: 460g
- Photo format: JPEG
- Dimensions: 120x120x30 mm
- Battery life: 2 hours recording
- USB port: 2 for charging and data connection
- Easy to use
- Advanced 3D and 2D 360 capture
- The pairing between your phone and the 3D camera may disconnect while shooting
4. Insta360 One X Camera
- Up to 5.7K30 360 video up to 120 Mb/s
- FlowState digital image stabilization
- 18 MP 360 photos
- WiFi connection: iOS/Android devices
- Auto stitching in free 360 ONE app
- Manual stitching in free Insta360 Studio software (Mac/Windows)
- HDR mode
- Cinematic slow-mo, hyper-lapse, editing in the app
- Storage to microSD cards up to 256 GB
- Social Media/Live-stream sharing via App
- Support for Bullet Time/GBS Accessories
- High-resolution 360 video
- Excellent feature set
- Image stabilization
- Compact design
- The App is cluttered with promotion
5. Insta360 ONE R Camera
- Super 5.7K 360 degrees
- 4K Wide Angle
- FlowState Stabilization
- Waterproof to 5m.
- Invisible Selfie stick
- Point to track
- Slow Motion
- Night shot
- Auto Frame
- HDR photos & videos
- Weight: 130.5 g
- Dimension: 72mm x 48mm x 32.4 mm
- Battery time: 70 min.
- Great quality of footage
- 360 module has interesting creative capabilities
- The wide-angle on the 1-Inch module
- Mic quality
- Compact design
- Easy to use
- If you need to change the lense it requires disassembling of the whole system
- Small screen
6. Weeview SID 3D camera
- Weight: 60g
- Dimensions: 80 x 40 x 19.5 mm.
- Storage: 128GB
- Lens: FOV 160/ F2.4
- Battery life: 150 hours
- Video max resolution: 3K (2880x1449)/ 30fps
- Photo max resolution: 32 M (8064x4032)
- 3-axis stabilization system in 3D camera
- Interface: WiFi 802.11n/Micro USB 2.0/Micro SD
- Portable, mini design
- Long battery life
- Live streaming functionality
- 3-axis stabilization system - cancels out your movement in three directions so it stays still even if your hands are shaky.
- Max 3K resolution
- no viewfinder
- The field of view is not as wide as other cameras
7. Insta360 EVO Camera
- Dimensions: Unfolded: 3.9 x 1.9 x inches Folded: 2 x 1.9 x 2.1 inches
- Weight: 113 g
- Battery time: 65 min. charging time: 90 min.
- Video Compression: H.264
- Video Bitrate: Up to 100 Mbps
- Stabilization: Built-in 6-axis gyroscopic stabilization
- Photo Resolution: 6080 x 3040 (18 MP)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, 5G Wi-Fi
- Storage: MicroSD card 128 GB
- Charging: Micro USB cable
- Superb image stabilization
- VR headset compatibility for instant playback
- Dual-Purpose 360/180 capture
- 5.7K video resolution
- Short battery life
- non-replaceable battery
- Imperfect stitch line
8. Intel RealSense D435
- Image sensor Technology: Global shutter, 3um x 3um pixel size
- Maximum Range: 10 meters (Accuracy varies)
- Minimum depth distance: 0.11 m
- depth Steam Output resolution: up to 1280x720
- Depth Stream Output frame rate: up to 90fps
- Length x Depth x Height: 90 mm x 25 mm x 25 mm
- Depth technology: Stereoscopic
- RGB sensor technology: Rolling Shutter
- RGB sensor resolution: 2 MP
- Can scan outdoors, even in full sunlight
- Great build quality and sturdy
- Works on all major operating systems
- The noise level is relatively high
- The usable range is below 3 meters
9. MYNT EYE
- Type: Stereo Camera
- Dimension: 163 x 76 x 14 mm
- Weight: 279 g
- Depth Camera Accuracy: 1 mm
- Size Estimator App Accuracy: 5 mm
- Display: 5.7” Res 720 x 1440
- Depth Range: 0.5-18m
- Depth Camera: FOV 94.9 degrees
- Depth Camera Measurement Distance: 0.3-4 m
- Scan module Res.: 640 x 480
- Rotating Angle: 360 degrees
- Tilt-up & down Angle: +_65 degrees
- Left and Right Offset Angle: +_60 degrees
- Quick response continuity rate while the platform stays in motion
- Great quality
- Accurate depth sensing with a flexible range between 0.5-18 m.
What to consider in a 3D camera
One of the three things you should consider when buying a 3D camera is image quality. Your camera must produce great quality in your footage.
Normally you can see the quality of the cameras by how high the numbers are, for example, the best 3D camera has a least 10 megapixels of still image resolution and 4K resolution for widescreen videos.
The higher the number is, the better the image quality is.
The second thing you should consider is app compatibility. Some of the 3D cameras may not be compatible with your smartphone, and in what content you want to use the camera.
Therefore you should consider if the 3D camera can connect to your smartphone for additional functionality like real-time editing and live streaming on YouTube and Facebook.
If you want to shoot in 3D, you would want to be able to do it anywhere you go. One of the best features of a 3D camera is its portability and compact design.
Looking at the size and the design of the 3D cameras will make you aware of which camera is easy and comfortable to use.
Rent or subscribe to a 3D camera
So these were the 9 best 3D cameras. Learn more about other cameras in Wedio Academy.
Camera Hire: Take Your Production to The Next Level
Camera Rental: Save Money with Wedio
Rent Camera Gear: Access Pro Equipment
About the instructors
Which cameras can take 3d pictures?
The Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 camera is probably one of my favorites.
What camera setting is best for 3d pictures?
The camera settings should have the lowest ISO possible because that will provide the best quality images.
Is there a 3d phone?
There is not a 3D phone, but some phones can download an app that can provide 3D footage. If you want a 3D effect with photos taken on your iPhone, you should use your iPhone’s Portrait Mode.