Rent camera gear from local creators.
ZHIYUN has been on the run with great gimbals for all occasions.
Today we compare two of their best gimbals in the ZHIYUN WEEBILL 2 Pro Combo vs. CRANE 3S.
So read along and learn which gimbal works best for you.
A gimbal is an excellent asset in your gearbox but far from the only one. Explore what else there is of essential camera equipment.
ZHIYUN Weebill 2 Pro Combo: The Ultimate Review by Malcolm Modele
In his ultimate review learn more about the key features, camera compatibility, prices, functionality and more. Also, compare it to the DJI Ronin and calibrate it properly with Malcolm 🎥
Weebill 2 vs. DJI Ronin
Front & back
Why rent our your gear?
ZHIYUN WEEBILL 2 Pro Combo key specs
- Weight: 3.15 lb / 1.43 kg
- Dimensions: 13.8 x 8.9 x 5.9" / 350mm x 225mm x 150 mm
- Dimensions (Folded): 12.6 x 8.9 x 2.4" / 320mm x 225mm x 62mm
- Rotation Range:
- Yaw: 360°
- Pitch: 350° (-150 to 190°)
- Roll: 340° (-260 to 80°)
- Battery runtime: 9 hours
- Battery charging time: 1.5 hours
- Flip-out Touchscreen 2.9"
- Supports: Up to 7.3 lb (3.2 kg)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Compatible with most DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras.
ZHIYUN CRANE 3S key specs
- Weight: 5.45 lb / 2.47 kg
- Dimensions: 13.6 x 13.5 x 3.9" / 346mm x 344mm x 98mm
- Rotation Range:
- Yaw: 360°
- Pitch: 360°
- Roll: 330° (-255 to 75°)
- Battery runtime: 12 hours
- Supports: Up to 14.3 lb (6.5 kg)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Compatible with DSLRs, Mirrorless, and a lot of cinema cameras.
ZHIYUN WEEBILL 2 Pro Combo: Pros and cons
- It is built sturdy to last for long and handle a few bumps.
- The design is very user-friendly and shouldn't be hard to figure out.
- Built-in touchscreen to help control the gimbal and set up things like timelapse and panorama shots, and even allows you to monitor the photo.
- Two-stage trigger buttons mean you have more control over the shutter release.
- Ergonomically designed, making it less straining on longer shoots.
- Built-in tripod, meaning you can use the gimbal as a tripod.
- Batteries are built-in, meaning you can't replace them. This means that while it has a fast-charging time, it is still inconvenient when you run out of juice.
- It's not modular like some other ZHIYUN models, meaning what you see is pretty much what you get.
- Doesn't use the popular Arca Swiss mounts.
ZHIYUN CRANE 3S: Pros and cons
- Replaceable batteries with extended run-time. Batteries are externally charged.
- Has a large payload making it usable with most smaller cinema cameras.
- It has a dual grip system allowing you to
- It uses the ViaTouch 2.0 motion control system, controlled by a phone app. It works surprisingly well.
- The gimbal can be nearly disassembled, meaning transportation is a breeze with its foam box.
- It is cumbersome for handheld use. The gimbal weighs 5.45 lb and, combined with a cinema camera, becomes quite a handful.
- Some of the controls on the gimbal can be a bit awkward to utilize.
ZHIYUN Gimbal Modes:
Pan Follow mode (PF):
- Used to lock the tilt and roll axis
- Allows for smooth panning
Follow mode (F):
- Used to lock the axis motor
- It keeps the camera level but allows for panning and tilting
Lock mode (L):
- Used to lock the camera into a single position
- The camera points only in the locked direction
Point of View mode (POV):
- Similar to follow mode but allows you to roll the camera
Vortex mode (V):
- Allows you to orient the cameras 90 degrees up
- The camera can roll entirely around while moving
Go mode (GO):
- Allows you to lock the axis but pan and tilt the camera
- Works like follow mode but a bit faster
- Allows you to shoot vertical videos
- Useful for videos on TikTok and Instagram
Final verdict: Which gimbal is better?
There's no doubt that both gimbals have incredible performances in their ways.
It is difficult to say which gimbal is better because really they're good at each of their things.
One of the significant differences between the two is the payload weight.
- The WEEBILL 2 has a payload of 7.3 lb,
- and the CRANE 3S has a payload of 14.3 lb.
- The WEEBILL 2 is perfect for any type of Mirrorless or DSLR camera that isn't too heavy.
- The CRANE 3S allows you to use a small to medium cinema camera.
- Other than that, the WEEBILL 2 weighs 3.15 lb,
- whereas the CRANE 3S weighs 5.45 lb.
So there's a vast difference in weight between the two, especially if you consider how heavy it is with the camera attached.
The WEEBILL 2 comes equipped with a built-in touchscreen. It can help control the gimbal and set up things like timelapse and panorama shots, and even allows you to monitor the image.
The CRANE 3S doesn't have a built-in screen, but it has replaceable batteries, making it ideal on set with long shoots.
Suppose you don't have a cinema camera (or a DSLR/Mirrorless with a heavy lens).
In that case, there's no point in getting the ZHIYUN CRANE 3S over the ZHIYUN WEEBILL 2. Unless you're doing (really) long shoots, and you prefer having replaceable batteries.
Rent ZHIYUN gimbal on Wedio
I hope this article helped you understand the differences between the ZHIYUN WEEBILL 2 Pro Combo vs. CRANE 3S.
If you want to get a ZHIYUN gimbal, but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars, consider renting or subscribing to the gimbal on Wedio.
What is the best ZHIYUN gimbal?
For cinema cameras: ZHIYUN Crane 3S. For smaller cameras: ZHIYUN Weebill 2.